Spare parts for excavators and cranes
The products of the company Sennebogen from Straubing at Rubin
Sennebogen Maschinenfabrik GmbH from Straubing in Lower Bavaria was founded in 1952 by Erich Sennebogen Senior, who was just 21 years old at the time and passed away in 2011. Today, the successful and globally active company is still family-owned and managed by Erich and Walter Sennebogen. The group of companies has around 1,600 employees and generates sales of more than 400 million euros a year. The company has several international production and sales locations in the USA, Singapore and Hungary. In Germany, Sennebogen Maschinenfabrik GmbH has two plants in Straubing and one in Wackersdorf. Further locations in Germany in Steinach in Lower Bavaria and in Litér in Hungary are currently under construction.
The first product was the S 500 cable excavator
The company founder Erich Sennebogen started designing and manufacturing agricultural machinery in 1952. His first mobile cable excavator was the S 500, which could be used for well digging and loading on farms, had a dead weight of one tonne and could lift 500 kilograms. The machine was powered by a four horsepower engine and had a boom five metres long. The excavator was produced from 1954 to 1959 and was followed by the larger S 600 model with steel wheels or rubber tyres. In 1959, the main factory was built in Straubing. The plant in Wackersdorf was built in 1991, and the manufacturing plant for welded and steel components in Balatonfüred, Hungary, has been in operation since 1996.
Innovative and market-leading machines
Starting in 2008, Sennebogen Maschinenfabrik GmbH expanded its business by building a new and much larger plant with a production hall area of 7,000 square metres in Straubing-Sand. Today, Sennebogen produces complete and complex model ranges for cable excavators, electric excavators, handling excavators, telescopic loaders, crawler cranes, telecranes, harbour cranes and special carrier equipment. One of the greatest successes and milestones in the company's history was the development and production of the world's first fully hydraulic cable excavator in 1969, as well as the hydraulic articulated boom, which was launched on the market in 1984 under the name GAUH. To this day, these technical innovations are used in numerous mobile excavators. In 1989, the company received an award from the Bavarian Minister of the Environment for its particularly quiet excavators.