Family business since 1949
The well-known family business Liebherr was founded by Hans Liebherr in 1949. The cornerstone of the company's success was the first mobile, easy-to-assemble and cost-effective tower crane. Today, Liebherr is still one of the world's largest manufacturers of construction machinery.
The company's main business areas are construction cranes, construction machinery, hydraulic excavators, dump trucks, cranes and road maintenance equipment.
Liebherr plant in Ehingen:
Mobile cranes are manufactured in Ehingen. Liebherr produces modern telescopic and lattice boom cranes on mobile and crawler undercarriages. The factory employs more than 3,500 people and also carries out large roof projects. With a lifting capacity of up to 3,000 tonnes, even the heaviest loads can be moved.
Liebherr plant in Biberach:
The plant in Biberach employs around 1,600 people. The company's largest production facility for tower cranes develops supplier-specific crane solutions for building construction. Cranes from Biberach are used all over the world. The factory was founded in 1954 and covers an area of approximately 200,000 m². As the parent company of the division, various systems and size classes are produced.
Liebherr plant in Colmar:
Liebherr has been manufacturing hydraulic excavators in Colmar since 1961. Liebherr-Mining Equipment Colmar SAS was founded in 2011. The large hydraulic excavators are developed and manufactured in Colmar. The plant, which employs 650 people, also manufactures excavators for offshore applications. The mini excavators, which are also manufactured in Colmar, are used in particular in the search for gold, diamonds or copper.
Liebherr plant in Bischofshofen:
The first plant in Austria was founded in 1960. About 1,200 employees work on an area of about 170,000 m². The focus is on the production of wheel loaders. Liebherr-Werk Bischofshofen GmbH, which has since been established, is the Liebherr Group's centre of excellence in the wheel loader sector. They manufacture stereo loaders, compact wheel loaders, universal wheel loaders and large wheel loaders.
Liebherr plant in Bad Schussenried:
Concrete mixers for transporting concrete have been manufactured in Bad Schussenried since 1954. This was followed in 2005 by the conversion to modern inline production with a capacity of up to 4,500 units per year. In addition, concrete pumps are manufactured at the plant.
Liebherr plant in Kirchdorf:
The company was founded in Kirchdorf in 1949. Today, among other things, mobile excavators with an operating weight of up to 27 tonnes are manufactured in the founding factory. Articulated dump trucks, material handling machines and various attachments for different applications are also manufactured at the plant by about 1,650 employees.